Machinewerkplaats en Constructiewerkplaats B. Zwijnenburg b.v. was founded in 1955 by Mr. Bas Zwijnenburg in Capelle aan den IJssel. After a few years, the company relocated to one of its current locations in Krimpen aan den IJssel. In its early years, Zwijnenburg primarily focused on producing various types of steel structures and performing various machining operations.
In 2006, the Industrieweg location in Krimpen aan den IJssel was opened, marking our third establishment. Following 2006, the company experienced significant growth, leading to the creation of Zwijnenburg Scheepsbouw (Shipbuilding) and Zwijnenburg Constructies (Constructions) divisions. In 2012, our fourth and newest location, a complete shipyard known as the IJsselwerf, was inaugurated in Capelle aan den IJssel.
In 2017, the machinewerkplaats (machine workshop) became an independent entity within the Zwijnenburg organization, with substantial investments made in the modernization of the company’s facilities and machinery. In July 2018, Mr. Martijn Nobel joined as a shareholder. During that period, Zwijnenburg also acquired T.S.D. Engineering, a company with an excellent reputation in yacht and shipbuilding.
Despite Zwijnenburg’s growth, the company remains a true family-owned business with a passion for its employees and a commitment to exceptional customer care. At Zwijnenburg, we stand for quality and reliability, and we will continue to do so with great passion and craftsmanship for many years to come.